Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Silver Shatter

The hottest new accessory to your plain jane nails - OPI's Silver Shatter! I bought this shatter along with a bright pink color from a Japanese nail polish brand called Estessimo. Here's a step by step showing of me applying the nail polish along with the shatter and I'll drop a few tips here and there as we go along.


Step 1: Apply the first coat of colored nail polish. I chose the bright pink that I introduced before. Silver shatter goes well with almost every color so go ahead and apply a different color than I did! The first coat might be the hardest because you want the color to spread on your nail as equally as possible. I suggest you load on side of the brush with polish, and lay the big drops out on the bottom of your nail bed, then spread it. This strategy works best with polish that's smooth, but it will work with sparkly polish too.

Step 2: Wait for the first coat to dry (completely if possible) and then apply the second coat of the same nail polish. This allows your nail polish to look smooth and full of color. Use the strategy I introduced in step 1 and your nails with turn out to look equal and smooth.

Step 3: Apply the Silver Shatter! Load one side of the brush with shatter, the stroke once along the middle of your nail, and without reapplying the brush with polish, stroke the brush along the sides of your nail. Because of the application strategy, I suggest you try to load as much shatter as you can to one side of the brush. That way it turns out to be pretty like mine did (It didn't turn out well the first time - check out the pictures)!

FAILED SHATTER:

SUCCESSFUL SHATTER!

Search for more OPI products Here
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment