Friday, July 22, 2011

Who You Gonna Call?

Don't worry! This didn't happen to my sister!
Recently, my sister was in a very minor car accident - don't worry she doesn't have a single scratch, but I don't think I could say the same thing about the car. Well, at the scene of the accident my sister and the person they hit exchanged their information and followed the basic protocol.

While the other party called and filed the accident to their insurance company and let them know what happened, my sister really didn't get to that part yet. So the other people's insurance company contacted my sisters - well my families' insurance company. Since everything is under my father's name, the insurance finally reached my father after contacting many other relatives.

Nothing is worse than having a third party tell you about an accident concerning a loved one. Even if it's as minor as a small scratch. You should always contact family member and tell them what happened and what's going on. My father and my oldest sister were livid at my other sister. How she didn't take responsibility to even tell her own family just crushed them. Sure it may be a hard time but the people who really do need to know and who will help you the most should be your family.

After this incident my oldest sister sat with me and explained the situation and what to do if I ever was in that predicament. "CALL ME. You can keep secrets from Mom and Dad, but you have to make sure to let ME know" - my oldest sister. She brings up a good point, everyone always needs an emergency contact or just someone to contact in case something happens. Choose someone you know you can rely on and who has your best interest. They should be dependable, responsible, and willing to help you! (It always helps if they've been through a lot of things too - so think of your parents, uncles and aunts, grandparents, friends of your parents).

Think about this and make sure their contact information is accurate and recent! It's always better to be prepared.

Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment