Thursday, July 28, 2011

Is Chivalry Dead?

What happened to the days where guys used to be gentlemen? Where they would be courteous, generous, noble, and have honor - especially towards women. Where have all the good men gone?

In this generation it seems that guys (not men) are only interested in hooking up, sex, and being a 'bro'. What's with that? Even the guys who actually want a girl friend act in the most annoying ways to live up to this 'bro' image - really? quit it. Thanks to the famous Barney from the TV show How I Met Your Mother, guys today idolize that life style and image; oh by the way, your hero Barney is gay in real life (I love Neil Patrick Harris). The 'Bro Code' - a series of articles and rules that will classify you as a bro - is absolutely ridiculous, but many many boys that I know follow every single word. Please, oh please, grow up - that book was made to get money, you're not really suppose to live up to it. If you are a 'bro', I classify you as a dick, tool and douche-bag. No matter how nice of a guy you really are, the fact that you think these words are going to help your life is sad and I pity you.

No, I don't want to know how you pick up girls. No, I don't want to know what you did with that girl over there. No, I don't want to know how many girls you've fucked. No, No, NO. Stop thinking that I actually care about your past love life (or sex life I should say) and can you just focus on a conversation that we both can have?

I've always hated being the only girl in a mass group of guys, well the guys I know. Seriously the conversation they have - I picked up this girl using this line....I love girls with daddy issues....Look what this click said to me online (all true stories I kid you not). I often think to myself who are these silly girls who seem completely and outrageously desperate. That's just horrible that they depend and are interested in such losers. Then I think, why am I friends with such indecent guys? How the hell did they get this way?

From the movie Easy A - Emma Stone

I just want to know, cause I know they're out there, where are the decent men? Not only guys who want to be in a relationship, but men who actually respect women and don't take advantage of their situation. Who will actually have civilized conversations with us and might even care for us as friends and/or lovers. I really don't want the guys in our generation to be known as 'bros' and 'tools' - that's just sad.  I hope they understand that the women who have self-esteem and self-respect will not tolerate how much of a bro there are and see them for who they truly are - shallow, arrogant fuck-heads. 

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to say it. What do you have to say?
Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment