Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Signature Make-Up Style

We all have a certain we like, that we're comfortable with. This Alpha's is very simple and I find that it can go with just about anything that I wear. The most I use is really just eye shadow, eye liner and chap stick. So here's what I do!

Step 1: The Basics
Follow your normal routine when you start your makeup. Recently instead of moisturizer or foundation, I've been applying this Japanese sun screen. I like it a lot because its really easy to absorb into my skin - making it smooth and soft. And I also know that it's being protected! So, do what you have to do! Liquid, Mousse, Powder foundation, concealer, anything that you do for you basic face. I would skip the blush on this look though, but a touch of bronzer - a touch of bronzer - might give it a nice touch.


Step 2: The Silver Lining 
I just use silver eye shadow - that's it! I really adore the CoverGirl's Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows - Drama Eyes 222 (Right). Well, at this point all I have in the palette is the silver and black - the white and maroon looking color literally fell out. But it's okay because I love the silver in the there! It's shiny and metallic - it's also quite bold so it's very noticeable. Okay, so what I do is smear the silver (make sure you have quite a good amount), from the corner of my increase eye in between lashes and crease first. Make sure you kind of pile it in there - cause that's where its going to be seen the most! Okay, then spread it out lightly (meaning applying most the sponge but only a tad bit) and the journey from your crease to the eye brows. It should get lighter and lighter and then look like its disappeared.


Step 3: Line the Silver
Depending on how I feel or how much time I have, I can either use liquid or gel liner. Since I just ran out of my liquid liner, I'm going to go for the gel liner. I start from the middle of my eye and then gently swept the the outside corner of my eye. Then I go back and start from the insider corner of my eye. Finally, I do one big swept of the line to make sure it's smooth and even. The thickness doesn't really matter - it's more how you feel or what you end up with. I personally like it thinner, and sometimes I will make the ends thicker and add a slight wing to the eye.


Step 4: Flutter Those Lashes 
Finally, it's mascara time! I love my lashes - I'm really blessed to have luscious long lashes (like that alliteration right there?). So apply your mascara as you usually do. Wiggle your brush on through you lashes if you want a no-clump, long lash. It's always worked for me!


That's the basic Alpha look! My sister always told me that this was my Pixie Look - because I do often like to use lighter bold shades and just use eye liner and mascara. So, I guess it looks a little like a fairy - but that's basically why I like it. It makes me feel bright and energetic. I don't really like being neutral, I want to stand out! It's fun and it really does make me happy. Besides, it works with a lot of the outfits I wear.

How to Turn This Look into a Night Look

Step 1: Add Definition
Using the black in the palette, gradually use the black from the outside corner of your eye in between your crease and lash line. Dap from outside to inside without reapplying. You're aiming for a gradient - so when your done rub the two colors in. If you want more black, use it but make sure you blend well. If you use too much black, you might just end up with black eye shadow and no silver at all. 


Step 2: Some More Liner
Since you already have liner on top, time to use it on the bottom. Now you should use your pencil liner! Try to get as close to your bottom lash line as possible! 


Add some touch-ups, a cool lip shade, and bam! You're done! It's kind of like a smokey eye for a pixie I guess. You can play with it as much as you like! It's my favorite look, I was just wanted to show you!

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment