Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Things, Unexpected Results

The Reason To Try New Things

Ever since the start of this blog and the departure of one of our dear Alphas to her new home, I vowed myself to try new things; may it be recipes, books, people, or simply TV shows. I felt that it was a good start to all our new beginnings.

In commemoration of this new vow to myself, I attempted the Honeycomb Caramel Cake - all from scratch. Before this day, I used to cheat by using my best friend, Betty Crocker Mixes. All the while I took pictures of the process, in hopes of documenting it as one of the recipes. However, it did not turn out the way I wanted to. It was actually far from what I wanted - the base tasting like uncooked flour, the frosting simply liquid and all the ~2000yen for the ingredients and 2hours of work down the garbage can.

Coincidentally, when I was looking for recipes I came across an article from The Freedom Trail by Kate . Her article, 'Its not going to turn out the way you thought', is actually a great way to stay positive when trying new things. 
"The road you will take will be flooded and closed...He'll be taller you thought. And he'll have a funny accent. But will be a good kisser nonetheless."
A great, short article to read. In times like this, when I feel like I've wasted money, sadden my parents for not giving them their desert for the night, and sadden myself for not achieving something that seemed so simple, the article pushes me to think it will be better..the second time. There will be bumps along the road for new things but it will only get better from there.

And so, to my Alphas and readers - its time to try new things, get out of our comfort zone, fail/be sadden a bit, but know it'll get better from there. As we stand on on 450views, 3/4 of those as Alpha, it will get only better from there. We at least increased our views to other countries!

Cheers and Happy Summer Everyone!

Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment