Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Owl Inspired Make-Up

Okay, I don't mean like real owls...I mean this cute little owl necklace that I got at TopShop. I absolutely adore it and today I was looking at it and I thought, "Wow, these colors look amazing together...I wonder who it would look combined together...on my eye..." So I just read that and yeah, it sounds weird but I just wanted to know! So I tried it...and this was the result (on the right) If you like it, look below for the steps!

******
Step 1: The Golden Touch
Using these two shades from my Sephora palette, I combined the two colors to make a basic gold base. The shade on the left is more darker so that's more of the base, the gold on the right is merely a shimmer - so that's just to add some shine. So apply this combination from the lash line to the eye brow. Also be sure to brush a little outside the inner eye for an extra shimmer. (Also adding a little on the bottom will look cute too!)


Step 2: Healthy Greens 
Now, I switch to L'Oreal's High Intensity Pigments (HIP) Bright Shadow Duo: Flashy in cream and emerald. You'll only need a light layer of this (it's pretty dark). All you need is a base! So it's make it seem dark-ish. Using a sponge applicator (like the one the make-up comes with) dab it from the outer corner between the lash line and the crease. Just keep dabbing from the outer corner to the inner one. You can do this as many times as you wish. Once you are satisfied with that green layer, use a bushy brush and use the gold shiny shade and apply on top of the green.

Step 3: I Love Me Some Blues
From the last HIP palette, I switch to another! Same exact line and collection, but this one is called Showy. (For obvious reasons one of the sides is a metallic, shiny blue - picture on the left). I used the blue on the left side only. You only apply this to the outer corner of the eye, only one third of the ways. You may have to pile it on - and always always always dab! Not only will it layer the shadow, it prevents the powder from falling on the face!


Step 4: It's Not Easy Being Green
Back to the Sephora palette, now its time to use the green. It's lighter and brighter than the HIP palette - see on the right. Apply this above the blue directly in the center of the eye lid, try not to go above the crease. To do this I would use a thin brush, it'll get a lot of powder and so you'll get a bolder color.  And then, once again, rub the two colors in. If necessary, apply the blue again and then the green. Do this over again until you are satisfied with what you have!


 Step 5: Seeing Red
If you like what you have now, you can leave it! I added the red because the owl's tail is red. I returned back to L'Oreal's HIP Collection, but instead of a two tone palette, I used a Color Rich Cream Crayon in the shade 'Unmistakable' which is a redish auburn color. It is the shape of a pencil, so carefully apply this to the inner corner of your eye. And then extend to where your green is. Try to rub it in if possible. If you want a stronger red, apply again!


Step 6: Finish It Up!
Finally, sprinkle that thin layer of gold shimmer again. Since you already have so much going on on your eye lid, you shouldn't need any eye liner. Instead, apply mascara near your line and then extend outward - it'll give it the illusion that you have a thin layer of eye liner. And done!


Well, that was my owl necklace inspired look! I hope you like it!
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment