Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brown Eyed Girl

Why yes, I do have brown eyes! And I do love them a lot, but some days I want them to be brighter and to really glitter! I remembered that once I bought a make-up palette that could actually intensify your eye. And that was the make-up company Almay. 

This was awhile ago so I have the older looking palette - same colors though (Right)! The Almay Intense i-Color Collection helps brown eyes, hazel eyes, green eyes and blue eyes (Left). It's basically the same application for all eye colors, so here we go! (Also, there are other make-up products from Almay to enhance your eye color - eye liner, mascara!). Let's get started. 


The before picture (left) and the after (right).

Step 1: Prime and Base
Just like all the firsts in a look, get your primer and concealer to work first. Apply some to the top and the bottom of your eyes. Then using the 'high-lighting' color - which is also the base and the lightest shade - apply from the lash line to the eye-brow. This is the 'high-lighting' color because it does brighten the area! It provides a great contrast from the next colors that you'll use too. 


Step 2: The Signature Color
For me (and other brown eyed ladies) it is purple! Apparently that particular shade really brings out the brown in your eyes - weird right? Good thing it's a pretty color. Okay, using a soft bushy brush apply (or like dab though) from your lash line to the crease of your eye lid. You can decide how much purple you want - I would use a fair amount if you want the purple to really show. After your done, it is vital to rub it in with base - because the colors are so different it looks really odd if its not rubbed in. Once again, its suppose to be subtle and gradient like. You can keep modifying after you rub - add more purple or cream - just make sure that its blended well.


Step 3: Define It
Now, with the brown provided, using a defining brush (it is thinner and smaller) try to say close to the lash line and the outer corner of the eye. Dab with the brush move closer to the middle of the eye. When at the middle try to gently add it to the inner corner of the eye. Once again you can go back and add more purple and brown - whatever balance you think is right. Importantly you need to blend and rub the colors in! I can't emphasize how important that is!!

 
Once again,  I realize you can't tell the difference, 
but there really is darker and there is brown!

Step 4: Lash Power
I didn't add any eye liner to this look - I think that liner dominates a look too much sometime and clearly the focus to this make-up is the actually eye. Like I said at the very beginning, there is an entire collection with that particular eye palette which included eye liner and mascara - I would use those or something similar. But, for me, I just added some mascara and I'm done!



Bright, Bold, Brown Eyes!
I love the simple, natural eye look. It's Great!
Try it!!

Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment