Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Music at the Middle East, Cambridge

My roommate works for the school's radio station, so she gets to help and meet some interesting bands. Last night she got a free ticket for a show at the Middle East Club in Cambridge, and I was her plus one! Of course I didn't known any of the bands but I had nothing better to do - so why not? 

The first band we saw as we were coming in was called The Lonely Forest. A band from Washington who's opened for Two Door Cinema Club and Death Cab For Cutie. Personally, this band reminds me of Motion City Soundtrack - but my music in this arena is a bit limited. But, I really did enjoy their music - well I suppose their performance. They're just so passionate! It's really nice to see musicians feel so much for their music. 


The next band was actually the reason we went! They were the ones who had a live mix at the radio station. Motopony. I will admit they were a little interesting and weird, but I liked that factor a lot. The lead singer was very entertaining the watch and had the voice and stage presence of Freddie Mercury. Really, that man could SING. I had a hard time listening to their songs though because the settings of the instruments were a bit loud - but I sure did have a great time watching them play. Their last song was incredible - they was just a moment they were jamming and all of them went insane. Ah, the love of music. 


Finally the last band to play was Viva Brother.  A fairly new band - only with a debut album - from the UK! ((Totally cute, didn't understand them when they talked, but still soooo cute)).  Although I did like the other bands a lot, I think Viva Brother was my favorite for the night. They reminded me so much of bands in the 90s - with the harmony and the easy beats to follow. Very nostalgic. Having said that, they could sing - like really sing with harmony and everything! I adored it. And their stage presence was actually really comforting and funny - I know I laughed almost every time they said something hehe. Also, I like them a lot cause of the guitarist threw their guitar pick and I totally caught it --> fate for me to like the band. 


Overall a good night. New music. New crushes. Weeee Music! 
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment