Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Apple. What a Let Down.

Apple release their latest product. Although most people expected it to be the latest iPhone (cough, iPhone 5, cough), it was simply the iPhone 4 with an added "s". Even though the product probably is nicer and better than the previous iPhones, it was quite a disappointment among Apple fans who were led to believe that it was going to be a whole new revolutionary phone. I know Alpha was angry!

Apple products are actually a big topic in my marketing classes - seriously we talk about them all the time! From the 1984 original Mac, to the launch of iTunes and the iPod and now we've discussed the departure of Steve Jobs and what that meant for the company. Well if you didn't watch the keynote (where they announced the latest iPhone 4S), Steve Jobs has been replaced by four other men - my professor said it was to give the image that Apple still has things under control even though Jobs left. And if you notice in the keynote, they list all the achievements Apple has created from iTunes, iPod, Mac, iPad and of course the iPhone. This is to reveal that they are the top of the line and are the best products out there.

I like Apple. I mean I have an iPod, iPhone and a Mac...my sisters both have iPhones and Macs and one has an iTouch, oh and my dad has an iPad. So yeah, I think Apple is the main brand out there and that the slight improvements that they're making are amazing and great. I just think that their whole 'secrecy' deal is a bit foolish - of course people are going to be let down when all over youtube they're saying that the iPhone is going to be EXTRAordinary. Shesh. You kinda built yourself a whole there Apple.

There are talks that it's coming out in April though....I guess we'll see then!

Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment