Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Nails

I hope you all know by now that I love doing my nails. Like doing them fabulously. 
Well, since it is that time of year, I thought about being festive so here are my Christmas Nails!


First, a bottom layer of green. I would stay away from sparkly greens. Go for a soft green or bold green. 
I used OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean Mermaid Tears


Now, this part maybe a bit tricky. I did this without the use of tape. But if you need the tape totally go for it! Just make sure that your green is COMPLETELY dry and that the tape is firmly on the nail or else the red with seep through! If you want to try it by hand without tape its just a swipe from the side to the tip. It's actually not that hard. SO. This is where I would suggest using a sparkly red color. 
I used OPI's The Show Must Go On!


The final touch is the single white stripe between the red and the green. You know to make it look like a present or something like that. Since the white should be thin I would suggest using one of those marker nail polish or try "Kiss Nail Art Paint" - it was my first time using it and it is AWESOME. It's a super thin brush and it's really easy to use (plus you get all these cool stencils and it comes in a pack of three! - oh yeah, there will totally be more posts on it!)

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment