Saturday, December 10, 2011

50s Inspired MakeUp


Not going to lie, this look has to be one of my favorites. Why? Because it is incredibly easy to do! Much easier than you think. And this is because the look is so simple! Really! I'm not kidding at all. 


Okay, so the obvious influence of this look definitely has to be Marilyn Monroe. I mean look at her, she's gorgeous! Every woman wanted to look like her in her days and let's face it every woman still wants to look like her! 



Not only am I influenced my Miss Monroe, but I'm greatly influenced by today's TV shows! The two that really made me fall in love with this look all over again are The Playboy Club (still hurt that it got cancelled!) and Pan Am (which I hope wont be cancelled anytime soon!) These women are so beautiful and their makeup is flawless!! 


So, what are the main aspects of this look?
Clear, soft looking skin with a hint of rosy cheeks. 
Either bold or very subtle lip color. Seriously either a bright red or a peach.
Go natural or go extreme!! 
Finally, there are the eyes - it's basically the entire look if you think about it. 

Like I said before, go natural! That means the eye shadow is almost like your skin tone! To have fun play with different shimmers. Then the bold eye liner with the gentle wing at the end. The eye liner is probably the most challenging part of this whole look. But take your time and you should be fine. Finally the lashes. Need I say more?


Here's what I did:


As my eye shadow I used Urban Decay's Sin as a base and then Sidecar to add depth


Then a thin layer of eye liner (you can make it thicker if you want a greater effect)
And then some mascara! I use Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
yeah..they can get really long (beware of lumps!)
An alternative would be to apply fake lashes!


Baby wing hehe.

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment