Sunday, January 15, 2012

She Said What?!

A piece of an article that I was reading in January's issue of Glamour. I just had to post it cause it made me laugh and proud of how funny women are becoming. Some may think it's crude and definitely not "lady-like". F*ck it, it's good sh*t. 
Women all over are embracing being crude. WTF is up with this sh-t?
Emma Rosenblum reports. 
I never liked the penis game. Come on, you know it: Someone says penis softly, another says it louder, and so on until you’re both screaming PENIS at the top of your lungs in a public place. Made me cringe in the library in junior high; makes me cringe remembering it now.
My best friend, however, loved the penis game, and to this day she’s embraced a kind of crassness more commonly attributed to men. “I have to go take a poop,” she announced the other weekend while we were getting ready to go out. “I’m a hairy monster” is a regular line of hers when she’s in need of a bikini wax. And she once blurted out “I have a B.O. problem” to my slightly stunned boyfriend and me over dinner. For years I’ve reacted to her overshares with amusement, giggling like a third grader as others raised their eyebrows in mock horror at her unfiltered crudeness.
Except now she’s the normal one. Everyone’s getting in on my friend’s act. From Boston to Burbank, women are playing the modern version of the penis game: They’re lamenting their bodily functions at brunch, discussing vaginas on national talk shows and even cursing—like real cursing, none of this crap crap—in the workplace. So how did we get here?
Let’s travel back to 2009, when this penchant for poop, pee, shit and fuck hit the mainstream. That’s when Snooki, tanned trendsetter, burst into our living room, shouting, “I’m going to Jersey Shore, BITCH!” Snooki’s habit of talking about her vagina as if it were the ninth beach-house roommate quickly became her signature bit. “My vagina is killing me,” she announced on a season-three episode. But vagina was just the tip of her verbal iceberg. “Every time I get really excited, like if we go to a club, I have to poop my pants,” she bragged. “If we go to a party, I have to poop my pants. If I go on a date…I have to poop my pants.”

To read the whole article click here
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment