Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Hunger Games

Probably one of the most popular series in America at the moment. Okay, I'll be honest when I first picked up the book (before it was popular) I thought that it was pretty stupid. Like the whole plot and situation was just ridiculous...so I mocked it and walked away from it. Yeah, I didn't know that it would become such a big deal. So after hearing how great it is from my friends at college, I decided why not? I have the time.

Now I don't overly love it like my friends do, but it is an interesting read. ((Better than Twilight, pretty up there with Harry Potter)). I take back what I said about it being stupid, it's actually quite imaginative and unique - a little morbid, but still interesting in a good way. So here's basically what The Hunger Games is about.

The entire story is narrated by Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. This is where a government working in a central city called the Capitol holds power. The "Hunger Games" are an annual televised event where the Capitol chooses one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of 12 districts for a massive battle in which only one person can survive.

That's basically it. But the creativity behind it all, all the details and the subplot are what truly make this book worthwhile. I've only finished the first book out the three - the other two are on their way from Amazon! But yeah, totally read it - especially since there's a movie coming out - which I am totally excited to see!!!

This is probably the best way to introduce you to The Hunger Games

Love, 
ALPHA 

No comments:

Post a Comment