Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Note on Les Miserables.

Yeah, I'm not done with Les Miserables - but this isn't about the movie/musical...well not entirely.

-----
blah, blah, blah Les Miserables is important to me. See previous post for reason why. ANYWHO. so being the obsessed person I am, I decided to read the actual novel by Victor Hugo. (The version I read is the one pictured in this post). I think the version I read was a one of those versions that seemed to really focus on the key points - like the main story cause apparently there Hugo wrote like a lot more but it wasn't really necessary to the actual story). 

If you really want to know more about Les Miserables or what a more rounded view of the actual story - totally read the book! (It's only 400 pages and I finished it in like 3 days). Seriously, it has given me a new view on the characters and such deeper meaning (hello completely new image of Marius!) But really, it isn't called one of the greatest French novels for nothing. Hugo is such a descriptive writer and just having the musical/movie image in my head: seriously three in one people - THREE IN ONE! now I just feel like I know everything about Les Miserables. And it's awesome. 

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment