Sunday, June 3, 2012

Somebody That I Used To Know...


I'm sure we've all heard of this song (it's been a major hit for a while now!). It might be getting on some people's nerves but I it hasn't annoyed me yet. I think it's because I can relate a lot to this song - which I'm sure many can. Just read the first verse:


Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
I told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember
You can get addicted to a certain kinda sadness
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad that it was over

Story of my love life. Yes, Beta and I had a great time then he stopped talking to me we drifted apart and then boom back into my life and this pattern went on and on and on and on. Until last month. Okay, I couldn't deal with him anymore - just couldn't read his statuses or let him just contact me, it was just too painful and I just couldn't stop thinking about him or wonder if he thought of me. So...I deleted him on Facebook. It was like a week after that he noticed and texted me (I didn't responde to the text and just accepted his request). Well, a week or two after that he talked to me again. Asked me what happened and we just had a normal conversation. Then once again lust or passion or whatever consume me. We were finally in the same town - this hasn't happened in two years probably... I wanted to see him and he told me that he wanted to but we shouldn't since it will bring up feelings again. Excuse me? What's the point of talking and flirting with me when you don't want feelings to come up. Are you serious? OKAY. Finally stood up and told him that I can't and don't want to talk to him anymore, that I need to get on. 

So, I agree with the majority of this song but the whole cutting off part...sometimes you just need to break it off to make him the person that you used to know. You need to cut the ties and just completely stop everything. Let yourself heal and focus on yourself. You deserve better and more! So yeah, Beta. You are Somebody that I used to know - and I'm glad that this is our relationship now. Thank You. 

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment