Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Movies: Dark Shadows

Dark Shadows is an American comedy horror film based on the 1966–71 gothic horror soap opera of the same name. The film is directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins, a 200-year-old vampire who was imprisoned in a coffin but is unearthed and makes his way back to his mansion now inhabited by his dysfunctional descendants. He soon runs into trouble revitalising the family's canned fish business, as his jealous ex-flame and imprisoner Angelique Bouchard, played by Eva Green, runs the rival company. Michelle Pfeiffer also stars as his cousin Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, the reclusive matriarch of the Collins family. 


My thoughts: I'm sorry Mr. Burton...this movie was just meh. I feel like I liked it because it was Tim Burton and had great actors actresses which...I think just means that I respect it...at a very small level.... I just think there were many many loose ends. Many points either had too much development or a very small amount. It was pretty predictable. So basically I'm saying that the story was meh. I thought the scenery, costumes and actings were great. I loved all the people in the movie - I seriously wished that Eva Green spoke with a British accent though - there were times when she was speaking that I was distracted because some British seeped out and yeah...it bothered me a little. 

SO, see the movie or not see the movie? I wouldn't pay to see it...even though I did... I mean it's comical and the soundtrack is fun. But, maybe wait til you can rent it or catch it in TV.

Love, 
ALPHA


No comments:

Post a Comment