Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Only Eat When You're Hungry

oh typical college foods.
I will conquer you!
So, freshman year of college. First fear? The Freshman 15 of course! (Well it may not be the first fear, but it is something most students are worried about).

Okay, so far I don't know how my weight is doing - I could be gaining or I could be losing, I'm not really sure but I admit I should know. However, I base my health on how I feel about my body. If I feel uncomfortable in my clothes or even unattractive, that's when I know that I should probably change something. If I feel fine and comfortable I'm cool. Okay, this isn't the best system but it works for me.

So, my biggest tip for eating at college? Only eat when you are actually hungry. This means when your stomach is rumbling and you actually need to eat something. It's a waste when you're not hungry and you order something and end up not eating it. Don't be wasteful!! Also, over eating is definitely going to affect your weight. So, just don't go and eat if you're not hungry! This system also helps you save money or your meal tickets (whichever one you use).

My other eating tips? If your school has a buffet system like mine - stick to only one plate of food with a good size portion of veggies. I used to take as much food because I wanted to get my worth of my meal plan. Bad choice. Now, I get a good portion of protein, carbs and a healthy salad at every meal. Another tip, don't always get the fried or greasy foods. Yes, I love pizza at my school and the chicken tenders with fries. But I can't always get it for obvious reasons. So, I make it a reward once or twice a week. If I had a bad day I'll give in to the deliciousness.

Another tip! Fresca Fridays were the rule in my house when I was a child. This meant that we (my sisters and I) were only allowed to drink soda on Friday. No other day of the week. Which is brilliant! Credits to Mama Alpha - such a smart lady. In addition, if you have the option of getting bottled drinks - opt out or get water! I realize that a lot of my money went to these drinks - ugh!! Also, drinks are a surprise in calories. Trust me. You're better off with water, juice or even lemonade and teas.

Well, those are my health tips for now!
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment