Friday, September 2, 2011

Decorate Your Dorm

At this point you all know that I've made it to College! Here I am, sitting in my dorm room (don't worry I made friends and everything I'm not some lame person sitting and just typing away at my computer!) and well, I am now completely on my own - my mother just left me to go home :(

For most girls (or I guess college students in general), decorating your rooms like a must. It's like expected - probably to establish that "home" feeling. I think it's vital and important to decorate your room; you're living there for like the whole year - why not? Here are a few things to consider: 

1. Posters
My Common Room in my suite
2. Pictures
My Room! That's my Bed :)
3. Chalk boards/White boards
Kitchen Thing - There's a Black Board!
4. Signs (or things that aren't posters) 
Cute Vintage Ad's that line our Hallway
5. Other Things - Carpets, Calendars 
My Roommate's side.  You can get/create cute decorations too!

My dorm is actually pretty different compared to most college dorms. I actually live in a pretty awesome (fairly new) suite. I have 6 suite mates and 1 actual roommate. We have our own common room, a small kitchen type area, a hallway, our own bathroom (shower + toilet), and then three double rooms. It is so great. I love it so much!! I knew about my suite mates (we asked to be with each other) before the actual release of the housing. We actually talked about how we wanted to decorate the room, but we didn't really follow it. We all brought our little decorations and you know what it worked out pretty sweetly. 

Best suite ever!! This year is going to be great! 

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment