Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Guam

Just a little sense of my vacation to Guam! 
((Which is actually a part of the United States))








Guam is a very interesting place. Like I said, it's the United States...but not really. Sure it's all American laws and system but it definitely doesn't completely feel like the US. It's mainly occupied by the native Guam peoples and then there is a showering of Americans from the mainland usually soliders of some kind. The most interesting part about Guam though is the amount of Asian tourists that are there from Korea, China and Japan. These tourists come to shop at the various malls (especially the Duty Free places or designer labels) and then of course to enjoy the sun and water. 

When I went to Guam (only a 4 day, 3 night trip actually), of course I went shopping - I am a girl! But definitely not to the extent of Japanese people - seriously although it's Duty Free it's not much cheaper! In addition to shopping though, I went to go visit the more historical sights of Guam. Like the other islands in the area, Guam was first a territory of Spain. There is still a sight called the Plaza de Espana which are ruins of the old Spanish buildings. Then after Spain was the Americans and for a brief time it was under Japanese control because of WWII. Then of course back under America where it continues today. 

From my experience, Guam is a fusion of the native, American, and actually Japanese cultures. It's definitely a beautiful place to go to! But I think that a 4 day trip is about all you need! 

Love, 
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment