Sunday, July 1, 2012

Friendship: Alpha Edition

Can you believe that it's already July? It seems like this year is going by in a flash! Already half way done with summer (well...not really but it's close). So what has changed from the last month to this one for Alpha? 3/5 of us are actually back home and the other two on their way here!! It's so refreshing to be home - no worries, comfort and the joy of being around things you love. 

I realize that these beginning of the month updates are like the editor's letter section in magazines. Well, at least that's what I want this one to be like. So for the last couple of months the made up word "Yolo" has become the slogan of the young. Yolo = You Only Live Once --> totally not the intention of the Strokes when they released their song of the same title. Many people have come to explain "Yolo" as the "Carpe Diem" of our generation. It's a nice thought and I've come to accept it as more of excuse to doing things in the moment - which I mean is courageous I suppose (however, majority of things are stupid). 

I've come across this argument of living one's life to the fullest so many times. And yeah, I do think people should take advantage of life. I've always loved the idea behind it but do I actually do it? Yeah...sometimes I suppose but in reality I spend way to much time at home behind the computer or watching television and movies. My problem? I always say "yeah, that's sounds like such a cool idea I'm so gonna live my life and be adventurous" - ooookkkkk. 

I mean I should have no excuse to be lazy and not say I have nothing to do. I live in freakin Japan there's stuff all around to do. Need to shake off the excuses and actually be brave and go explore the world! So, my deal - I will try to go out of my house for a good part of the day to do what ever the hell I want be that being with friends, family or exploring. Hopefully, the results will be posted here but I can't make 100% promises. 

"Tomorrow we may die, so let’s get drunk and make love"
 -Lois Long

Love, 
ALPHA


No comments:

Post a Comment