Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Friendship: Alpha Edition

August, August, August. You know I just read on my Twitter feed "August is like the Sunday of Summer." So true! When we were in grade school you would always dread August cause you knew it was the end of summer and that meant that the new school year was about to start. Well, I guess August  is bittersweet. Yeah, summer is gone but then again you get to see all your friends again and it's just somehow new!

I know this August is different for this Alpha. I can't wait to go back to college! See all my friends, attend college, live in a city without having to deal with parents haha but honesty, going back to school pretty much makes me feel like I'm going back to the place where I'm an adult and have to take care of myself. No more relying on parents for food, money, help, etc. I'm on my own and it's a good feeling to have.

So, I guess I haven't changed that much since last month. I'm not really adventuring much but I haven't been lying on my butt watching TV Shows! I actually go tutor kids or babysit - basically I've been hanging out with kids for the last couple of weeks - it's nice but yeah...kids. I did get a chance to go to Hiroshima for the 67th anniversary of the Atomic bomb and have been going out to places with my sister when she visited, so that's nice.

In addition, our own Alpha will be coming home (finally!! after a year of not seeing her) So!! that'll definitely keep me busy :)

August. It is bittersweet. But sweeter than I remember.
Love,
ALPHA

No comments:

Post a Comment